This past weekend we celebrated Christmas in July, and it was so simple and sweet! For those who have no idea what Christmas in July is, it’s Black Mephisto Women's Hannel Sandals (where I’m from). But, I actually haven’t celebrated it before this! I didn’t grow up with the tradition but would love for my kids to grow up looking forward to it. To me, Christmas in July just feels so imaginative, whimsical, and fun. Even the sound of it is like saying “pish posh!” or “when pigs fly!”
The idea behind Christmas in July is that for one day, you just do Christmassy things, eat Christmas food, listen to Christmas music, etc. We didn’t do gifts and I like it that way. It’s far away from actual Christmas, so it’s just a pop of fun in the calendar and by no means comes close to how much I go all out in December :)
This year, for our first Christmas in July, we just kept it very simple and listened to Christmas music, ate a vegetarian Christmas “plate” of food for dinner, watched a Christmas Prince on Netflix, and drank hot chocolate. I also diffused some cinnamon and pine essential oils to make the house smell like the holidays.
One of my fav Christmas albums! The Charlie Brown Christmas album is also so perfect and timeless.
My “vegetarian Christmas plate” consisted of mac n cheese, garlicky green beans, roasted brussel sprouts, and sweet potato (fries, haha).
I made the hot chocolate from scratch and it was the best!! Equal parts cocoa powder and sugar, a pinch of salt, whisked into simmering almond milk on the stove. I dashed in some vanilla extract at the end.
- AmoonyFashion Women's Square-Toe Closed-Toe Kitten-Heels Boots with Slipping Sole and Zippers
- KOH KOH Women's Comfortable Strappy Summer Flat Slingback Sandals
- GenePeg Women High Heels Summer shoes Fashion Gladiator Hollow Out Buckle Sandal
- WENJUN Square Head Single shoes Female High Heels Thick with Leather shoes Female Wild Fashion was Thin Personality shoes Work Professional shoes (color Beige, Size 37)
- Flake Rain Women's Simple Pointy shoes Suede Thin High Heels shoes
- Saucony Women's Echelon LE2 Walking shoes
- Stacy Adams Men's Northshore Slip-On Loafer
- Nike Men's Free Rn CMTR 2018
- Donald J Pliner Womens Bon-10 Pump
- KEEN Utility Women's Sedona Pulse Low Industrial shoes
- Adidas Adizero Triple Jump Pole Vault Spikes - SS19
- Men Water Resistant Trekking shoes for Outdoor Hiking
- Easy Go Shopping Athletic shoes For Men Sneaker Lace Up shoes PU+Mesh Material Fresh And Breathable Cricket shoes (color White, Size 8 UK)
- Puma Men's Carson Knitted Cross-Trainer shoes
All in all, this was such a sweet beginning of a tradition and I think we’ll definitely continue to celebrate it. There are a lot of fun possibilities for Christmas in July with kids. Also, in case anyone is concerned that this is somehow sacrilegious (probably not but who knows), December 25 is just an arbitrary day chosen to be when we celebrate Christmas :) Astrologers have actually suggested (based on star patterns at the time) that Black Patent Lizard Print Walking Cradles Women's Jessica—my birthday! The point is, no one really knows when the first Christmas was, so I think it’s fine to give a nod to it in summer as well as celebrating in full-force in December.
I can’t wait for Christmas this year!!
Have you ever celebrated Christmas in July?